Are you interested in utilizing the out-of-office feature in Outlook? In this article, we’ll guide you through the process. Essentially, this feature serves as a reminder tool provided by Outlook. It’s versatile, allowing you to employ out-of-office (OOO) messages for brief intervals, such as for doctor’s appointments or leaving early, as well as for more prolonged periods like multi-day holidays or parental leave.
The decision to use out-of-office messages should be based on the urgency of the messages you receive and the amount of work you have on your plate. Despite being a valuable feature, some users may not be familiar with the steps to activate it. That’s why we’ve crafted this guide to walk you through the process of setting up the Out of Office feature in the Outlook app. Let’s dive into the guide and get started.
How To Set Out of Office Outlook App on iPhone
To enable the out-of-office feature on the Outlook app for your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Install and open the Outlook app on your iPhone. Once inside the app, locate the Outlook icon in the top right corner to access Outlook Settings.
- Opt for “Reply during a time period” and specify the start and end dates for your out-of-office period. Afterward, at the top right corner, tap “Done” to confirm.
- That’s it! With the new Top notification ribbon, Outlook will now notify you about the status of Automatic Replies directly from the inbox on every device (Web, Mac, Windows, iPhone app).
Set Out of Office Outlook App on Android
Enhance your experience with the Android Outlook app by activating out-of-office responses before heading on vacation. Ensure a seamless setup with these steps:
- Open the Outlook app on your Android device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top left corner to access Home. Next, click on Settings.
- Choose the account for which you wish to establish out-of-office responses.
- Under the account title, click on Automatic Replies.
- In the “Reply to everyone with” box, enter your out-of-office message.
- Select the Check icon from the top right corner of the window to confirm your settings.
Set Out of Office Outlook App on Windows PC
Typically, Windows users encounter challenges when configuring Out of Office on the Outlook app on their Windows PCs due to the distinct and somewhat intricate steps involved. Fear not! We’re here to simplify those complex steps for you. Let’s go through the process:
- Open Outlook and navigate to the File tab.
- Click on the Office Account option.
- If you have multiple accounts, choose one from the drop-down box at the top. Select Automatic Replies.
- Once you’ve selected a timeframe, automatic replies will be sent during that period. Specify the start and end date and time in the corresponding boxes.
- Use the “Do Not Send Automatic Replies” option at the top to manually disable automatic replies if needed.
- At the bottom of the screen, input your out-of-office message. You can also format the font style, size, and apply bold, italics, and colors as desired.
- Finally, click OK to confirm your settings.
How To Set Out of Office Outlook App on Mac
Last but not least, for those using a Mac device and needing to set up out-of-office in the Outlook app, worry not. Simply follow the steps outlined below:
Both the new and legacy versions of Outlook on Mac support the creation of out-of-office replies, and there is no difference in how you access the automatic reply window in both versions.
- Open Outlook in legacy mode, choose your account on the left, and select Tools. Click on Out of Office from the ribbon.
- If you have multiple accounts with Outlook, click the drop-down menu on the left side and select your account. In the menu bar, go to Tools > Automatic Replies. Ensure the automatic reply option is checked at the top of the pop-up window. Enter the message you wish to be sent to others within your organization.
- You can specify the timeframe for sending replies by checking the box labeled “Send Replies Only During This Time Period.” Manually turn off replies if you don’t mark this option.
- If you want to send replies outside your organization, check that box. Enter your message for your contacts or for all external senders.Ultimately, select OK.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Remove An Account From Outlook App?
To access and remove your profile (on iOS or Android), follow these steps:
- Start by selecting the profile icon located in the top left corner of the Outlook app.
- After clearing the displayed options, scroll down to the bottom and choose Settings.
- To delete an email account from the Outlook app, tap the corresponding account in the Email Accounts list.
- Finally, at the bottom of the Outlook account, tap on Delete Account.
Why is My Outlook Email Not Updating?
Outlook may fail to update properly due to a lack of internet connection or other factors. In such cases, you have the option to manually update your emails to overcome this issue. Simply click on the Send/Receive tab to initiate the update.
Do I Need to Update My Outlook?
Typically, Microsoft consistently releases updates that are automatically installed, alleviating the need for manual updating of Outlook. Nevertheless, there are instances when the automatic update process encounters issues, necessitating manual software updates.
Does Outlook for iOS And Android Require a License?
Outlook for iOS and Android is accessible to consumers at no cost through the App Store and Google Play. Yet, for commercial users seeking access to Office applications, the Business, Business Premium, Enterprise E3, Enterprise E5, ProPlus, or Government/Education versions are requisite. Unfortunately, the app is not accessible to users with Exchange Online licenses (excluding Office) or Exchange Server licenses.
From Author’s Desk
That concludes the guide on setting up Out of Office in the Outlook app across iPhone, Android, Mac, and Windows PC. We trust you find this tutorial beneficial. Should you have any questions about the topic, feel free to comment below and reach out to us.